Radhika Hamlai is an Indian born Omani artist. She is a self-taught artist and has studied at the H.L.College of Commerce, Ahmedabad and has also taken up some short courses at the Central Saint Martins, London.
She took up the curators training at Sotheby’s and moved to Oman 25 years ago and ever since then, she has been promoting local artists in and around the Gulf region.
She has recently exhibited her work at the National Museum of Oman and which now proudly is a part of their permanent collection. Hamlai has also created a large commissioned painting for Oman’s International Airport.
1) The Bronze medal for painting in the Youth Exhibition at the Omani Society of Fine Arts in 2007,
2) The Bronze medal for painting in the Annual exhibition at the Omani Society of Fine Arts in 2009,
3) Jury Creative award at the Kuwait society of Fine Arts in 2011,
4) Grand Gold Prize for painting and installation in the Annual exhibition at the Omani Society of Fine
Arts in 2012
5) Second prize in calligraphy at the Omani Society of Fine Arts 2013.
As of now, Radhika lives and works in Muscat, Oman and has been the organizer of Oman’s first Affordable Art Fair since 2017, promoting art and artist in Oman.